Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Lebanon, IL
Personal injury claims encompass various situations, from motor vehicle accidents and slip-and-fall incidents to workplace injuries. Our team is well-equipped to handle your personal injury case, conducting thorough investigations and gathering evidence. We also negotiate with insurance companies and, if necessary, represent your case in court.
We handle cases including but not limited to:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Involving tractor-trailers, cars, motorcycles, bicycles, buses, pedestrians, and other motor vehicles.
- Defective Vehicle Accidents: Auto defects related to seat belts, airbags, accelerators, brakes, steering components, and other faulty mechanisms.
- Construction Accidents: Injuries occurring on construction sites, such as scaffolding accidents, machinery incidents, and electrical injuries.
- Premises Liability: Cases involving slips, trips, falls, animal attacks, and injuries in stores, malls, restaurants, daycares, etc.
- Dog Attacks: Incidents resulting in injuries due to dog bites or attacks.
- Medical Malpractice: Our personal injury attorneys boast a proven track record representing clients in medical malpractice cases. They collaborate with experts to assess the quality of care.
- Wrongful Death: Cases involving fatalities due to negligence or willful acts of another party.
- Class Actions: Representing a large group of injured parties treated as one “class.”
- Defective Products: Handling cases related to defective products, whether malfunctioning devices or dangerous pharmaceuticals.
Our personal injury attorneys in Lebanon, IL, fight for your fair compensation for injuries, lost wages, and emotional distress. We strive to negotiate favorable settlements and, if needed, aggressively advocate for your rights in state and federal courts.
The Impact of the Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Cases
The statute of limitations defines the timeframe for filing a compensation lawsuit for injured parties. Failure to file within this timeframe may result in losing the right to pursue a claim and obtain compensation. Illinois has a standard two-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases, starting when the injury occurs.
Understanding the statute of limitations is crucial for injured individuals seeking legal representation after an accident or injury. Failing to do so may jeopardize the chance to hold responsible parties accountable and receive their deserved compensation. As time passes, crucial evidence and witnesses may become less accessible, making it challenging to build a strong case.
Exceptions to the Statute of Limitations
In some instances, exceptions to the statute of limitations, known as tolling provisions, may apply. For example, if a minor is injured, the statute of limitations may be extended, allowing them to file a claim as an adult. Those with a personal injury should know the statute of limitations and how it may affect seeking fair compensation.
Consulting a personal injury law firm is crucial to protect your rights and effectively pursue your case within the required timeframe. Contact our personal injury attorneys in Lebanon, IL, or conduct your legal research to ensure compliance with state laws.