Workers’ Comp Employer Responsibilities
For employers, workers’ compensation eliminates the possibility of litigation that could lead to a large damage award. The state charges employees with insurance premiums that must be paid regardless of whether a workplace accident ever occurs.
To be in accordance with the rules and regulations of workers’ compensation, employers must:
- Carry insurance to cover work-related injuries and illnesses
- Have workers’ comp information posted for employees to access, including:
- Employee rights to receive medical treatment
- Employee benefits
- The employer’s insurance company information
If an employee is injured, the employer must provide the employee with:
- A workers’ compensation claim form within 24 hours after the employee has given notice
- Even if the employee hasn’t given formal notice, the employer may still be obligated to provide the forms if it knew about the injury
- Written material, such as a pamphlet, about the workers’ comp system with information on the employee’s rights, benefits, and how to file a claim
Consult with a Reputable Workers’ Comp Attorney in Belleville, Illinois
Here at Nelson & Nelson, we understand the difficulties our clients face in these and many other types of cases. We work to ensure a painless process and can help in workers’ comp issues.
If you would like to discuss a case with a workers’ comp attorney you can trust, contact us today to schedule a free consultation with no obligation. We’re ready to provide you with the knowledgeable workers’ compensation representation you need!